Do you have high numbers of employees who travel to work by car? Do you want to try and reduce this number? Or to improve safety for those who drive, their passengers, or other road users including pedestrians and cyclists? Leeds City Council’s Influencing Travel Behaviour team can offer advice, activities, events and resources to help you to promote messages of safe and sustainable travel.
• Staff presentations / drop-in information events covering various aspects of safe travel (including considerate driving, distractions, speed awareness, cycle safety, child in-car safety)
• Advice and guidance about implementing travel plans as part of the planning process
• Information regarding different options for travelling to work: cycle infrastructure, public transport, park & ride, electric vehicle charging points, walking routes, car share, city car club
• Interactive resources such as our reaction timer (to demonstrate stopping distances), immersive/360 films with a range of themes, or close pass mat (showing how much space drivers should give when overtaking cyclists)
• Content for work newsletters, intranet sites, display boards or electronic display screens
• Bespoke support for other safety, health or travel events that you organise, or national campaigns including Tyre Safety Month and Road Safety Week.
If you are interested in finding out more about us and the support that we can provide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit our web page