Modeshift STARS is the national schools awards scheme that has been established to recognise schools that have demonstrated excellence in supporting cycling, walking and other forms of sustainable travel. The scheme encourages schools across the country to join in a major effort to increase levels of sustainable and active travel. In order to improve the health and well-being of children and young people every school in England (outside of London) can participate in Modeshift STARS for free.
If your school has already delivered a number of activities designed to promote walking, cycling and other forms of sustainable school travel they can be logged and recorded on the Modeshift STARS website. Modeshift STARS has over 100 initiatives that are recognised for the promotion of sustainable travel and by delivering a range of activities in school you can work towards Modeshift STARS Bronze, Silver and Gold Accreditation.
Travel Planning with Modeshift STARS
- Healthier lifestyles – encouraging people to get active through more walking and cycling, thereby creating healthier and more productive communities
- Safer environment – helping you to identify and address travel and transport issues to enable safer journeys for all
- Cleaner Air – reducing the number of vehicles and congestion around your site to improve the quality of air in your neighbourhood
- Delivers on Corporate Social Responsibility objectives – ensuring you are a good neighbour that cares about the environment and your impact upon it
- Save time and money – Modeshift STARS saves time when writing a Travel Plan therefore reducing the costs of creating the document
- National Accreditation – achieve national accreditation for your Travel Plan and be nominated for National Awards
Please log onto www.modeshiftstars.org if you require further information or support to implement your school travel plan please contact Luke Morris on 0113 3786804 or email email@example.com.